Monday, July 18, 2011

She's Arrived

So our sweet, little, baby girl arrived this afternoon this afternoon at 1:25 pm.  It was a very good delivery, not including the pain involved.  Earl and I made it to the hospital at 7:00 this morning to begin the induction.  We got the pitocin started after 8:30 and it went relatively quickly from there.  So fast in fact that the epidural couldn't keep up with the labor.  When the doctor came in around 12:30 this afternoon, he told me not to push until he could make it back from another procedure.  By 1:00, the nurse was not willing to leave my room because she was worried that the baby would come any minute.  By the time the doctor came made it back it was time to start pushing and 9 minutes later she was born.  She weighed 7 lbs. 15 oz. and was 22 inches long.  She has dark, brown hair and is very mild mannered.  We have had a lot of fun with her so far. 



 Nadya was so excited to see her baby sister.  She has been telling everyone that her baby sister was coming and couldn't wait to hold her.  It was fun to have the girls come and visit the baby at the hospital.
 Samantha holding her baby sister.  The girls just kept passing her back and forth.

15 comments:

Christian said...

So fun! I'm glad it went fast and well!
And her name is...?

danny.des.jack.nora said...

YAY!!! And holy moly you guys are on top of things. I was SUPER excited to see a post already with pics. Good job Healy's. Miss you guys and I am so sad I am not there to see her in person. She looks super cute from the pics. Keep us posted on that name... :)

Summer said...

Congrats you guys. She looks like she has chubby cheeks already - love it!! Wishing you a good night sleep.

Unknown said...

congrats!! I'm so excited for you guys. You can already see the family resemblance. She is beautiful. So so so happy for you! Miss you!

West Family said...

She is so cute! And you look really great for just having a baby! Congrats guys!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad that all went well and good luck with recovery and bringing baby home!! Does she have a name?

Morgan said...

yeah! congrats!
and...her name is.... sister?

lauramarie said...

i think it is so funny that you don't have a name. well maybe not so funny...but still. you look way too good to have just had a baby! and she is sweet!

Child Family said...

Congrats! She looks adorable. Glad everything went well. Wish we could see her in person!

Megan said...

Congratulations!! Can't wait to see her:)

Julie said...

Congrats to you and your sweet family! She is darling!

Time-Out With Tiffany said...

Congrats! What a cutie... So happy for you guys, and I love the name! So fun!

Rachelle said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you guys.

J said...

o man, so glad there are pictures!! look at you already getting her pics up! I LOOOOOOVE the name you picked!! I am just so happy for you guys! glad everything went well and I'll be stopping by for a snuggle soon. Not from you rach, grace. :) hope you're doin great and PLEASE let me know if you need ANY ol' thing!!! YOU BETTER!

Monica Lifferth said...

She is a doll Rachael! Congrats to you and your family. Can't wait to meet her!!