Wednesday, August 18, 2010

1st Day of Kindergarten

Nadya had her first day of Kindergarten today. I had mixed emotions to say the least. I have been so excited for her to start but yesterday when we met her teacher and she kept saying "Mom, you're going to be sad when I'm gone." I realized that she was right. I am a little sad, but I know that she is going to have a lot of fun.

She picked out her own outfit for the day and popped out of bed at 6:30 this morning. She got dressed, I did her hair, and then we went downstairs where I gave her a bowl of cereal and made her lunch. She wanted to have a turkey and cheese sandwich, with an apple and yogurt drink. I made her some cookies to take with her.

When it was time to go to the bus, Earl walked her to the stop and she barely even looked back. I know she has a great teacher and I can't wait to hear how her first day went. She is such a smart girl and she will make lots of new friends.

Samantha has missed her big sister. She keeps asking me "where Nadya? I want Nadya." It's going to take a few days to get used to not having her around and Samantha having her big sister to play with.
Nadya's school outfit. (Thanks Grandma)

8 comments:

Jen said...

How exciting! She looked adorable! Growing up so fast!

McKenzi and Matt Irvin said...

She looked so cute for her first day! So grown up!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! It makes me sad thinking that one day I will have to do that too. She looks super adorable and I'm sure she had a wonderful day and made lots of new friends. that's cute that daddy walked her to the bus..oh this post is making me get super emotional...i better leave it at that :)

Child Family said...

She looked so ready to go to school. I bet she had a blast.

The Keldsens said...

Can you believe how old our girls are? We have less than 3 weeks until Paige starts Kindergarten. Except ours is only half-day, so a little less traumatic for me! The pictures of Nadya walking to the bus stop with Earl are PRICELESS!!

Nat-a-baby said...

Way to go Nadya. She looked so cute on her first day. Now you need to post about what she said about it. :)

Kelly said...

I love her rock'n new outfit for her first day of school. I hope she loved it!

Julie said...

Nadya, looks so excited for school! I am sure she is having a blast! I would also love to hear the conversations that you are having with her from what she is learning. She is a very smart girl :) She already looks so grown up!! Miss you guys and think of you often :)
~Julie